Thursday, October 14, 2010

rebekah : new texurized curly cut

Rebekah was my first "real client" in my beauty career... before her i'd had the privilege of apprenticing with a salon owner and stylist of 12 years, taking on her clientele upon her maternity leave, and working for almost nothing in the dorms of my sister's college making over students for any hands on experience i could get.  It was one of those students (my dear friend Sara Anderson) who while working at a coffee shop had the opportunity to grace me with my first client referral.  And that was when Rebekah called me up hoping i could give her a similar shaggy rocker razor cut.  I booked her appointment and now 6 years and so many haircuts later i still get to see this chick in the salon and know that she's always rockin out my latest creation in her beautifully fashionable way.  

One thing i love about Rebekah is that she's never afraid to be true to herself.  She is one of the only people i've ever worked on who fully embraces her natural hot red hue and the curly texture that most women laboriously flatten on a daily basis.  I created this cut to enhance her hair's naturally beautiful wave while also giving soft shape to her angular model-like jawline.   Razor cuts and texturizing her bangs allows her to achieve an almost effortless hairstyle each an every morning.  Easy hair is a necessity for a momma to two but that doesn't have to mean that everyone in her life can't assume she spent an hour this morning styling it just right.  That'll stay her own secret beauty trick!

1 comment: